I am a producer, writer and editor based in New York with a focus on history, art and culture.
Freelance Writer, Editor, and Illustrator: August 2014 – Current
– Write arts and culture-focused features for print and online publications.
– Create flowcharts and illustrations for print and online publication.
Writer, Supervising Post Producer: NETFLIX, Roman Empire: Reign of Blood, April 2016 – November 2016
– Wrote storyline and voiceover for an eight-hour documentary series about the fall of the Roman Empire.
– Managed writers and editors to meet deadlines and address network notes.
Writer, Supervising Post Producer: NASCAR: The Rise of American Speed, January 2015 – April 2016
– Managed a team of writers and editors for a three-part, six-hour documentary series about the origins of stock car racing.
– Wrote storyline and voiceover.
Writer, Story Producer: AMC, The Making of the Mob: New York, January 2015 – January 2016
– Wrote storyline and voiceover for a national, eight-part documentary series about the New York mafia.
– Worked alongside a team of producers and editors throughout the post-production process.
Story Producer: History Channel, The World Wars, January 2014 – August 2014
– Researched and wrote voiceover for an Emmy-nominated international documentary series with Stephen David Entertainment.
– Worked closely with a team of visual editors and producers in post-production.
Editor: Process Magazine, May 2013 – October 2013
– Edited and wrote features, interviews, and news stories for a quarterly professional journal that served the communications industry (advertising, design, print, public relations, photography, illustration, and paper).
– Managed a staff of freelancers from around the country to cover news in the design and print industries under tight deadlines.
Blog Editor and Staff Writer: Phoenix New Times, January 2010 – May 2013
– Created the arts and culture blog, Jackalope Ranch, which currently serves the New Times audience of more than 700,000
– Managed and edited a staff of 15 freelancers and staff writers with a weekly budget
– Researched and wrote cover stories (approx. 5,000 words) as well as national features for publication in sister Village Voice alternative weeklies
– Connected with readers through monthly arts events, guides, artist-created marketing materials, and social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
– Software/Multimedia:Basic AVID, Audio Editing, Final Cut Suite, Adobe Suite, Google Docs
– Blogging Platforms: WordPress, Movable-Type
– Programming: Intermediate HTML, Basic Web Design
– Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Social Media analytics
– Language: Basic Spanish and French
Reel Screen Award, Best Non-fiction: History/Biographical, The Making of the Mob: New York (2015)
Emmy Award Nomination, Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction series, The World Wars (2014)
Niche Media Award, Best Business-to-Business Magazine, Process Magazine (2013)
Arizona Press Club, Best Statewide Features Blog, Jackalope Ranch, Phoenix New Times (2013), Multimedia Metro, First Place, Interactive Multimedia Map, Phoenix New Times (2011), Human Interest Reporting, Third Place, “Tag, You’re Art”, Phoenix New Times; Multimedia, First Place, Hero Worship, Phoenix New Times (2010)
Association for Women in Communications, Clarion Award, Special Section, Phoenix New Times (2011)
Association of Alternative Newsmedia AltWeekly Awards, Innovation/Format Buster, Third Place, Interactive Multimedia Map, Phoenix New Times (2011)